Thursday, December 20, 2007

7.5 lifelong learning habits

So, I am working on the discover 2.0 program. I'm hoping that this will give me inspiration for some new interactive way to communicate supply needs district wide and within the purchasing department. Also, since my ultimate career goal is in Library Science, it's good to maintain some focus on what's being talked about in the information world.

The first step in this process was to examine the habits of life long learning.

I think these all come fairly natural to me, specifically, accepting responsibility for my own learning. The one I probably neglect the most is using technology to my advantage. When I learn a new technology, I will sometimes reevaluate processes that I already know to determine whether the new technology can make them more efficient. However, when I am in the process of learning a new process, I can sometimes be too narrow sighted to look at the technology options available to me.

No comments: